So in the ever-changing world of us, we are probably moving to Nashville in October. Will has a really great opportunity to take over his Dad's McDonalds franchises. His dad wants to retire in early 2011 and Will would need to work with him for at least one year before that, so our plans to move to Australia for a year are looking pretty slim. If we left for Australia next March, 2009 we would return in March 2010 and then Will wouldn't get the full year's work in with his dad before he retired.
It's not that difficult of a decision for me. I am starting to become more serious about pursuing a teaching role. I have wanted to be a teacher for a long time, but opted for a business degree in college instead of an education degree. The more and more I think about it, the more I see myself being happy as a teacher. Sure, the pay isn't always great, but I love kids and can genuinely see myself as enjoying my career instead of just working to have a job. I am looking into programs in the Nashville area that will get me a masters in education. I should be able to get degreed and certified within 2 years.
I let my bosses know about the move on Monday, which makes it all that much more official. We are heading to Nashville tomorrow to spend the 4th weekend with Will's family. I'm pretty excited to check my soon-to-be town out! I know next to nothing about Nashville, so Will is going to act as my tour guide this weekend. He wants to buy a house, but we'll probably rent for at least 6 months to get a feel for the city and what part of town we'd like to live in. It's exciting, though! Will is going to have a great career (and hopefully I will follow soon after...) and it's pretty much guaranteed that we'll be in one set spot for a LONG time, instead of moving every few years. Guess I need to start brushing up on my line-dancing skills and learn to recognize country music stars...
No comments:
Post a Comment