In honor of my dad, who loves to talk about the weather, I am dedicating this blog to the heat wave that Denver is currently enjoying. Finally, after 23 days of waiting, we are getting some relief from the heat! This is record-breaking weather we've been having out here. The temperature has been over 90 for 20+ days, and today it is actually supposed to drop...to the mid-to-high 80's. Whew! What a dip. Ugh, talk about a heat wave! I know I shouldn't complain since I don't have to deal with humidity anymore (for a couple more months, at least!), but man, it's been hot here! To be fair, we do have some humidity...this morning it's up to 72%. But it doesn't feel as though you are stepping outside into someone's steamy bathroom after they've taken a really long, hot shower.
Thank you, Lord, for creating semi-arid deserts that don't require humidity. I'm a big fan of the fact that my hair doesn't take on a life of its own and spiral into an out-of-control crazy, frizzy mess when I walk outside. I can deal with feeling like I am living in an oven, but I'm not sure I'm ready to return to the land of saunas. :)
So I thought I'd take a moment this morning to sympathize with all my fellow Midwest bloggers. I hear the weather there is just awful, too. Dad said the heat index was 109 the other day...that's quite close to what our temperature was the other day. Another friend likened the humidity in St. Louis to "chewing his air before he swallowed." Yikes. I hope everyone is staying cool and doing their best to beat the heat!
1 comment:
heat wave huh? try 115-118 degrees every day for 4 months of the year. nice. :)
Post a Comment