Friday, February 13, 2009

Roses!

I have the sweetest boyfriend! After asking me the night before if he had to get me flowers for Valentine's Day (to which my answer was, of course, no...especially when we are trying to save up for a home!), guess what showed up at our door? A vase full of beautiful roses. I am normally not that into Valentine's Day, but any day you get flowers delivered to you is an OK day by me! Though, they almost didn't make it inside- I don't like to open my door to strangers when I'm alone in the apartment. Good thing the delivery driver had my phone number! :) Thank you so much, Will! I love the flowers, and I love you, too!






On a completely different note, I had some fun the other night decorating snickerdoodles with leftover frosting from the cookie cake I made for the Super Bowl party a couple weekends ago. I don't see cake (or cookie) decorating in my future, but I thought I'd post a pic of them here to demonstrate my ever-improving baking abilities. Maybe next time I will try to bake something more impressive- like a souffle! But probably not, seeing as I don't really like the texture.

As you can probably tell from some of the phrases on the cookies- I am not the best at picking words or phrases to use. 'Hello!', 'Yo', and 'Don't eat me' aren't really that common. But it's the best I could think of at the time!

No comments: