We spent Saturday up in Bowling Green, KY with Will's family. His nephew, Luke celebrated his first communion. Luke looked so adorable in his little suit, and you could tell he enjoyed dressing up like the older guys. Unfortunately his dad, Pete, was unable to join in the festivities. He caught a stomach bug and was quarantined to the bedroom for the whole day. During mass the entire family was able to join Luke when he received communion for the first time. I had never seen it done that way before, and thought it was neat that the family was included in the celebration. Luke looked so nervous right before he went up- I wonder if I was as nervous the first time I had communion?
We had a little party at Sue's house following mass, feasting on the guest of honor's choice for dinner- Chick Fil A. :) And, as evident by his smiling face, Luke seemed to enjoy adding all the money he received to his own bank.




On Sunday Will and I attended a fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald House. It was a nice networking opportunity for Will, and an excuse to wear a dress 2 days in a row for me! Will bid on and won 2 luxury suite tickets to a Cardinal's game in September- happy birthday to me! I can't wait to go back to St. Louis, and I'm especially excited to check out this suite- apparently it is directly behind home plate. If only there was a show at The Fox that weekend. I so miss working there and was really hoping I could take Will to see a show. As it stands right now, we might just have to settle for the Saturday morning tour with all the retired folks.
This week we are both recovering from not feeling well yesterday, and looking forward to our visit with Shelley this weekend. We have our walk through of the loft tomorrow to fill out our "punch list". Hopefully we don't find any major problems that will prolong our move-in date. We are also getting estimates from some painters. We are REALLY hoping that they aren't too expensive to hire. With 18 foot ceilings, we would much rather leave the painting to the professionals. However, we aren't afraid to tackle the project ourselves if the price isn't right! May 14th is just around the corner- I'm looking more forward to that date than I am my birthday!
2 comments:
Luxury suite tickets to a Cardinals Game?! Frickin awesome!
I know, right? I'm stoked!
Post a Comment