- So our beeping smoke detector? 2 weeks later...and it's still beeping. I've learned to tune it out.
- Hello, my name is Meaghan, and I'm addicted to zumba. Zumba is like a latin music dance party/aerobic workout and it has you sweating and gyrating in no time flat. It's also like a drug. You become addicted and HAVE to zumba. All the time. I go to 3 different YMCA's in the course of a week, just to zumba. Zumba reminds me of my younger years, when I was shaking my thang in the clubs of Madrid. Sigh. To be young again...
- Speaking of young, Will and I went on an "urban" hike yesterday. We were big into urban hiking when we lived in Denver. On the weekends we would just wander around the city, exploring different parks and neighborhoods. Yesterday we had every intention to spend the day sunning on the boat, but the weather chose to not cooperate with us- 70 and overcast, while not great boating weather, is perfect for urban hiking. We walked from our place to Centennial Park, then meandered through Vanderbilt's campus before heading back downtown. It was move-in weekend on Vandy's campus. Is it just me or have college freshman grown younger? I remember moving into my dorm at SLU freshman year. I felt all grown up. The "students" I saw moving in yesterday resembled 8th graders to me.
- And while I'm on this soapbox- we saw moving vans being unloaded yesterday at the dorms. Moving vans!! What?! And no, these students were not moving into apartments- they were moving into on-campus housing, which, I'm willing to bet- comes furnished. I'm usually not into the whole "When I was your age" argument, BUT...When I was your age and moved into my dorm, I packed darn near everything I owned into several boxes that fit in the back of my mom's car. Ugh. I'll stop now because I'm at risk of sounding like a bitter old lady who is jealous of all those freshman who are at the beginning of what will turn out to be some of the greatest years of their lives. Moving on...
- Want to play a fun drinking game? Will and I invented one on Saturday night. When watching Pineapple Express, take one drink for every person who takes a hit of a doobie for each scene. If you've seen that movie before, you'll understand why Will and I nearly cleaned our fridge of beer over the course of a 2 hour long movie. And PS- James Franco makes a hilarious burn-out. Hard to believe it's the same guy from the Spiderman movies.
- I've been too busy chasing zumba classes around the city to have done much else the past couple weeks. But I did want to share a fun video that I found on YouTube. The stuff you can find on that site! In honor of the Vandy kids returning to school:
Monday, August 24, 2009
In no particular order...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Meaghan,
This post was really humorous to me--thanks for writing it!
I also find myself biting my tongue with "When I was your age" type statements with new college students. For example: When I was your age, I actually had to use the computer LAB (Gasp!) and did not own (and definitely did not take for granted) a laptop. When I was your age (freshman year of college) cell phones were not staples of life and I did not own one and chat on one as I walked through campus (BIG GASP!). And, yes, I also packed my stuff in a few boxes and did not need or have a moving company or moving truck, etc.
Can you believe it was about 10 years ago for us? Time flies! :)
Great post, Meaghan. As always, it made me smile. You inherited your mom's way with words.
And- you think you feel old? I have three kids and drive a mini van....I definitely have you waaaayyy beat! :)
Post a Comment