I haven't been in the mood to blog lately. Have any other fellow bloggers shared that sentiment? It's not that we haven't been up to fun and exciting things. As a matter of fact, we've been doing lots of fun and exciting things, here in Nashville and out of town. I just haven't had the urge to sit down and write about them.
And today, I fear, isn't the day to write about them, either. I had every intention of filling in my eager followers with grand stories of, among other things, all things sports-related. Stories like going hiking in one of Tennesse's many state parks, returning to the city where my love of stadium nachos began and taking in a Cardinals game in St. Louis, cheering on the Predators at their first pre-season game of the hockey season, catching the Bears games at our new neighborhood watering hole (and where other Bears fans seem to congregate as well, making the atmosphere that much more fun to watch the game), and attending the first (official) home game of the Titans season.
I was also going to tell the blogging world about Mom, Molly, and Ella's trip to "Nashvittal" to go dress shopping for Molly's wedding, and about Ella's first honky tonking experience.
I was going to share the stresses of getting ready for Andy's wedding, which is just 19 short days from now. And let you know that Molly and Kelsey moved their wedding date up to January 2nd. Apparently the Wingard kids like to fire out weddings in rapid succession.
I planned on letting you know that zumba is still my exercise drug of choice, even if I have somewhat failed to attend classes as often the past couple weeks. (All the above-mentioned sporting events seem to fall on zumba days. Replacing exercise with stadium nachos and beer is a good trade-off, no?)
On the home-front, I was going to share with everyone the fact that that stupid smoke detector is STILL beeping!!! And that I'm starting to feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway. (You know how he turned that volleyball into a person and talked to it, and then freaked out when he thought he lost it? The smoke detector and I have a similar relationship. It chirps and chirps and chirps at me all day long and drives me crazy. But sometimes, when I haven't heard it chirp for awhile, I start to freak out that maybe it officially died on me. Inevitably, the chirping returns. Anndddd, we are back to square one.)
I would probably also let everyone know that we are hunting for the perfect entertainment center to house the 56 inch television (that we don't have) so we can watch endless amounts of movies (since we don't have cable.)
Yup, I was going to tell great stories about all those things, but I'm just not in the mood. Maybe sometime later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment