Friday, December 4, 2009

Let Go...

...Laid off...company cutbacks...position eliminated...unemployed.

Anyway you put it, it sucks.

I'm now another unfortunate victim of the economy. My boss called on Monday morning with the news- they just couldn't afford to keep me on when no income was coming into the company. I have known for awhile that it a layoff was possible, but I was pretty shocked that I got cut with no warning. She called at 9:30 and that was that. My last check is in the mail.

I'm trying to remain positive. Since Monday I've filed for unemployment, submitted countless resumes and applications, and have had a couple interviews. I'm hopeful that my unemployment will be short and sweet. I am trying to land a serving position to hold me over until the first quarter, when companies have bigger budgets and hopefully a plethora of new jobs.

Let's pray for a Christmas miracle kids- I need a new job! STAT!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

That sucks Meaghan. I'm sending lots of good mojo your way for an awesome new job really soon! Good luck on the job hunt. I bet you find something even better in the long run. Hang in there! (insert funny poster of the dangling cat here.)

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear the news Meaghan! If I had a bunch of money I would hire you as a nanny, not that you would want to leave Nashville! I'm sure you'll find something soon! Hang in there!

Leslie said...

So sorry to hear this! Good luck with your search- I wish I could help in some way.

Leslie said...

That comment was from me, not ************** :)

Leslie

Erin said...

It sounds like you are handling it really well! Maybe just think of it as a long Christmas break? Something great is coming your way and this had to happen so you would see it! Hang in there!
Erin