A poem about being unemployed (can you tell I'm bored these days?):
'Twas the Monday after Thanksgiving when my bosses said to me,
"Meaghan, we can't afford to keep you on any longer. We have to let you go-sorry!"
I freaked out a bit, filed for unemployment, and then went into action.
Afterall, my unemployment checks are only going to be a fraction
Of what I was making before I was fired.
Surely, I can find a job soon and get hired!
I have applied to lots and heard from none,
Looking for jobs at the time of year is not fun!
To keep my spirits up, and stay in the Christmas mood,
Will bought me a tree to decorate so I didn't sit and brood.
I also helped decorate the McDonalds' office and Will's dad place,
Upping my tree decorating number from uno to tres.
I've wrapped lots of presents and put them under our tree,
Too bad I can't afford to buy more and spoil my family.
Being unemployed around the holidays is rough
I am trying to think of it like Christmas vacation- then it's not so tough.
I apologize for my lack of blogging as of late.
It's hard to be upbeat when I'm in such a crappy state.
Here's hoping 2010 is a better year.
I'll find a new job with a great salary and have nothing to fear!
4 comments:
love the poem, I'm sure a different topic would be better to write about!
Hang in there, Meaghan!
You will do great things when you find exactly what you are looking for! Thinkin of you, and loved the poem.
Erin
Post a Comment