Monday, May 3, 2010

Sooo...

This weekend was...interesting, to say the least!  Nashville was DUMPED on for 2 days in a row.  We got 16 inches of rain in 30 hours.  I think the city is in a state of shock.  There is massive flooding everywhere.  The Gaylord Opryland hotel is under 6 feet of water.  Downtown, 1st Ave is completely submerged and parts of 2nd, 3rd and 4th Avenues are under water. The Cumberland river is currently 10 feeet ABOVE flood level.  




 I seriously have never seen anything like this.  It literally poured for 2 days straight.  Luckily we are not in any danger of being flooded.  Our place on 5th Ave. is at the top of a hill, so the water is in no danger of reaching us.  However, downtown is in a bad state of affairs.  What's unfortunate is that downtown Nashville is looking pretty good compared to other parts of the area.  These pictures was taken on Rosa Parks Blvd., literally blocks from our place.  The Farmers Market is under water.  We live off the top of the hill where the Capital building is. Unbelievable.







1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! We were going to head to Nashville at the end of the week (Ben has to be there for a meeting on Friday and we were going to tag along), but I think we'll sit this trip out. Glad your loft is dry. Did you still have your interview on Monday or was it postponed? I've been crossing my fingers for you!
Leslie