A week into this trip and Will and I are still in total awe of how beautiful this country is. We have yet to see an OK view. Literally every direction you turn your eyes are met with some other breathtaking view of nature. Hands down, Norway is the most gorgeous country I have ever seen.
We've been going non-stop since we landed. So far we've toured museums, had a cocktail in an Ice Bar. taken a ferry cruise down the Sognefjord, been on countless car ferries as well as put in many hours on the road in our little electric blue Citroen, , rode the world famous Flåmsbana railway, climbed to the top of Preikestolen and dangled our feet over the edge of a sheer drop of 604 meters (google image Preikestolen- you will be impressed by this feat, I promise!), and hiked a glacier. These are just some of the highlights!
Tomorrow we are driving the Atlantic highway before returning our rental car and taking the train past the Arctic Circle to Bodø. We love watching the scenery change the farther north we head! Andy and Sandy meet up with us Saturday. We are so excited for them to join us!
We still know very little to no Norwegian. Almost everyone here understands and speaks English, which is very fortunate for us.
A little Norwegian lesson for my faithful readers:
Hei means Hi and is pronounced, Hi.
Takk means Thank You and is pronounced Talk.
And now you know about as much Norwegian as we do. :)
Internet has been few and far between, so I doubt I'll write any more until we get home. Stay tuned for some amazing photos, though they will hardly do this gorgeous country justice.
And google search Preikestolen. Seriously.
4 comments:
I did google Preikestolen, and I have to tell you, YOUR MAMA AIN'T HAPPY. What were you thinking letting your body parts dangle over this sheer cliff?!Is the air so thin up there that your brain is not getting oxygen? No more dangerous stunts like this, young lady. And that goes for Will, too. And Andy. I think Sandy might have more sense....
Anyhow, have fun, but stay safe! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about Norway.
Love, Mom
PS. Seriously not happy. It made my knees weak and my stomach turn just to imagine you that close to the edge.
Wow! I've got to agree with your mom...what were you thinking? I'm not sure I would have gotten anywhere close to the edge but damn, that's impressive! So glad you're having a great time, can't wait to see pictures!
I googled too and it made me dizzy and weak kneed sitting at my desk! You are a brave and fearless woman! It sounds like so much fun, we're all extremely jealous. I'm in line to see pictures.
I loved your post on Norway! AWESOME! I cannot wait until I get to go to Prekestolen...seriously, it's on my list. Also, I do believe you've seen more of Norway than me---NOT FAIR! ;)
And where's the picture of you and Mr. Cod?
Post a Comment