Mom fulfilled her
Andy, Sandy, and I made the trip back to Decatur to surprise her for her grand opening. It was a quick weekend, and in retrospect, perhaps not the ideal time to come home as there was still lots to do to get the bakery ready, but I think Mom was happy to see us...I think.
There were a lot of blood (I got a splinter on my finger while washing my great grandma's antique Hoosier Hutch), sweat (from lots of cleaning, sweeping, mopping, moving furniture, etc...), and tears (from working hard and sleeping little) but we got the shop into ship-shape condition and ready to greet soon-to-be customers on Sunday afternoon.
Mom is really, really excited to be opened. With Phase 1 complete, she can now move on to Phase 2 of her project- installing bathrooms, and a kitchen so she can become a full-fledged bakery and cafe.
Congrats Mom and Dad! You have both worked really hard to get the store ready. I really hope Wildflour is successful. Afterall, my wedding money is tied up in this venture! So everyone visit Wildflour and buy lots of tasty goodies so someday I can have my dream wedding.
5 comments:
Post pics! And get them on Facebook so we can all like them and drum up some business. I want to be at your fancy wedding some day!!!
Good to know it's not all about YOU...LOL! We definitely need to come down and see the shop, it looks great :-)
Jess, I'd love to invite you to a fancy wedding someday...but don't hold your breath waiting for the invite... we both know that it won't be happening anytime soon. :)
And Barb, of COURSE I have an ulterior motive for working hard on the bakery. I'm all for being helpful and supportive, but there best be something in it for me! :)
The pictures on Facebook look awesome - I can't wait to come in and buy some goodies. We will buy lots - always ready to help.
Tell your Mom that they are working on gluten free bread here at work. I'll see if I can steal some recipes and some tapioca starch to help her out. Who knows where I may be in a years time - maybe helping bake gluten free bread!
Thanks for all your help, Meaghie! And thanks for the facebook page, too. We are up to 172 monthly active users and we have not even had our page up for a week yet! We have even picked up customers from the fb page!
Tomorrow, our first public announcement hits the paper, so we are prepared to be slammed. Hopefully, we can still afford to give you a wedding...in a few years....
Post a Comment