Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Camping

We FINALLY got to go camping last weekend with a few friends! We drove up to the Nederland area and did some car camping along the Caribou trail. Car camping is much more my style than backpacking. I love being able to have a fire and lots of good food and a big cooler and music playing from a car. WAY better than throwing everything on your back and hiking a long way to a campsite with no fire to keep you warm.

I went 4-wheeling for the first time! We took 3 4WD vehicles and had a blast on the trails. It is amazing how the cars are able to traverse some of the terrain. The highlight was definitely going across a creek and through a bunch of mud to get to our campsite. :)


The weather was perfect camping weather...hot during the day, cold (really cold!) at night and not a cloud in the sky so we saw lots of stars. Unfortunately Will and I had a rough night's sleep thanks to our poor tent layout choice. We were leaning to the left so I ended up right against the side of the tent, with Will trying hard not to roll on me all night. We had a great time, though. Can't wait to get in some more trips before the summer's over.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow- it looks so pretty there! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Leslie