I am sooo very happy to have met some great ladies through work- Kathi, Jenn, and Cherisse. Kathi is in her mid 50's and has been a God-send for me. She has some of the best advice to give and is always available to talk to whenever I need to vent, ask questions, or just ponder what my next steps in life should be. She is very inspirational in that she raised a son as a single mom and has had many hardships in her life, yet she has never given up. She has kept a sense of humor and a sense of hope through some pretty rough times. She is one of the most unique women I know, both in personality and in fashion. She keeps her hair short, she wears rings on EVERY finger, she has more sets of earrings than a Claire's store, and more shoes and hats than anyone I have ever met. She wears a different hat nearly everyday. She was very instrumental in helping me buy my car...and before that she would frequently give me a ride home from work because she knew how much I loathed taking the bus home. Kathi has a heart of gold and I am truly going to miss our talks when I move.
Jenn and Cherisse are both around my age, and the 3 of us have such a blast together. We have started spending more time together outside of work, and I've really been enjoying their company and getting to know them better. Jenn is a single mom to an adorable little girl, Ashlynne who is almost 5. Jenn just turned 24, but has already endured so much in her life. I really admire how driven she is. She has had some rough times since I have known her, but no matter how bad things seem to be, she is always smiling, and I really admire that. She and I can banter back and forth all day long. I am so happy she "gets" my sense of humor.
Cherisse just moved her from Southern California a couple months ago. She is such a firecracker! The epitomy of California girl- she loves being outside and on the beach and, of course, surfing! She is a fantastic recruiter, so it's been fun to watch and learn from her. She moved out here to be closer to her boyfriend and I admire the fact that she was OK with picking up and moving across the country for someone (sound familiar??). :) She is a total free spirit who shares my passion for travel- she spent 6 months living in Australia, and has traveled all over Europe. I love listening to her stories! They make me more determined to get out and travel more.
One of the things I have missed the most from Chicago is having girlfriends that I can laugh with. And both these girls make me laugh. Our personalities mesh so well- I love that the 3 of us have become completely comfortable around each other in such a relatively short amount of time. We had a girls' night out last night, complete with appetizers and wine at my place...then to the bars for some dancing. And dance we did! None of us have any shame on the dance floor. We were cracking each other up with our...moves. It was such a fun night!
It makes me sad that I finally found fun girls to spend time with here right before I leave for Nashville. But I am positive I will keep in touch with all 3 of them...and it gives me 3 more excuses to come back to Denver as often as I can!
3 comments:
oh how i miss that very same aspect out here in arizona. ive always been a huge believer of "everything happens for a reason" and "you dont realize what you have till its gone"- but the arizona experience really drove those two things home for me! your such a world traveler- and have seen some really effing amazing places! i am sure that you will have a wonderiffic time in nashville. maybe not erica and candace and lisa IJL wonderiffic- but really i dont think anything tops the wonderifficness of IJL. and i am laying the sarcasm on pretty thick there! :)
oh- and you will totally make tons of girl friends you can laugh with. any totally insane, ridiculously fun girl would be silly not to love our meaghan!
Your going to be closer to me and your neice, she's a girl too, and she pretty much laughs at anything now.
Post a Comment