Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Progress!

Just wanted to share a quick "before" and "after" shot of the apartment. I took these on my cell phone, so it's not the best quality, but it does show a huge difference in the place! We laid the floor in the bedroom and the den, so we are down to finishing touches in 3 rooms. Our last big project is the bathroom- that's going to take some work! We have to lay flooring down in the kitchen, too, but we're getting closer to being done! Hopefully we'll be moving in by Halloween weekend.

The living room "before"- note the awful maroon color on the walls, and the painted cement floor that is Christmas green.

And, the living room "after"- we kept the cement floor in here because of the occasional water that comes in when it rains hard, but we painted it brown, which helps it look less like cement, and more like a real floor.

Like I said, we still have a lot of work to do, but it is so nice to finally see real progress on the place! I'll post more pictures once we are completely done.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Great job painting, Meaghan. I LOVE LOVE the color and the white trim. Painting (taping) and moving are A LOT of work....Way to go! :)

Schmerica said...

I despise painting. And painting over red/maroon is no easy task. Kusod to you - it looks awesome! I was perusing jobs in Chicago the other day- IJL is hiring. Sure you don't wanna come back and interview for shits and giggles? :)

Leslie said...

What a difference!