Here's a brief recap of the past month:
Moved to Tennessee, underwent extensive cosmetic surgery (our rental apartment, not myself), flew out to Vegas to see Mr. Jimmy Buffett, continued the extensive cosmetic changes to our apartment, went home to see Ella and the family for Ella's 2nd birthday, returned to Tennessee and was able to finally(!) move into our place, saw the Titans reach 7-0, and then 8-0!
Buffett in Vegas was so much fun! First of all, Cari (Will's sister), Will, and I all needed a well-deserved break from working on our place. Cari has been so wonderful during all the renovations. She is an ER nurse and spent every day off helping us for about 12 hours/day. We seriously wouldn't be living here yet had she not helped us. Our trip to Vegas was for Cari's 40th birthday present. She and I are both huge Buffett fans, so we had a great time. I convinced everyone to sport coconut bras, grass skirts and funny hats for the party. Will and Curtis, Cari's boyfriend, were great sports (and secretly I think they truly enjoyed sporting the coconut bras). We went to the official Margaritaville Street Party before the concert and were treated like celebrities! We had a bunch of people come up and ask if they could take our picture. I was actually surprised that we were among some of the dressier people at the pre-party. I mean, it's Buffett! In Vegas!! Why wouldn't we dress up?! When else can you look absolutely ridiculous and get away with it? :)
The following weekend I went to see Ella, and to check out Molly's new house. It's so weird that she is living in Aunt Mary's house. I really like how she's decorated it...though the kitchen needs some work. Ella is getting so big! She's quite the talker now. It's amazing how extensive her vocabulary is. She was cracking us up all weekend. She is very big on retelling the story of how her cousin Connor got put into a time out for throwing away the chicken nugget. She told that story over and over again. Not sure why that particular event is sticking with her, but it was so funny listening to her! I love watching her grow up. It really just makes me melt when she says my name- so cute! I bought her the cutest little Daisy Duck costume that she wore trick-or-treating last weekend- though I hear that she wasn't a fan of wearing the head part of the costume. Not that I blame her- it looked a little small!




And as always, it's great to get to see Kelly and to go out with the siblings. We had a lot of fun Saturday night...and judging by how I felt Sunday morning, probably a little too much fun!


We have been lucky enough to get to go to several Titans games since we've been down here. Will's dad has awesome suite tickets in the McDonalds box so we have great seats every time. The box is right next to the visiting team's owner box, so it's been fun watching their faces as the Titans win. Having access to those seats is a great bonus! And though I am a Bears fan through and through, I have enjoyed watching the Titans. How awesome that they're 8-0!
So that's what I've been up to since we've moved. It is really nice to finally be done working on the apartment and actually be living in it. Work has been an adjustment. I'm not sure how I like working from home, but it's getting easier to stay focused now that Will is working again.
Hope everyone voted yesterday! Regardless of who you were rooting for, it's pretty evident that history has been made.
No comments:
Post a Comment