It is almost starting to feel like Spring! The weather has definitely been milder the past few days, and flowers are starting to pop up in our yard...which is surprising. I didn't know this yard was capable of having flowers.
This weekend marks the one year anniversary of Shaughn's accident. It still scares me to think about how close we came to losing him. I am thankful everyday for the guardian angels who watched over him that night. And I am extremely thankful that his neck is completely healed- no paralysis for our Shaughn-man! Just wanted to take a second and thank everyone again for their thoughts during Shaughn's rough time last year. The prayers definitely worked! He is doing well in Houston, taking classes and hopefully feeling settled and at home. I'm excited to get down there soon for a visit- I still haven't seen Andy's townhouse!
Will has to work all weekend, so I don't have much planned. I followed through with my goal of getting a library card, so every Saturday for the past few weeks I've borrowed a few books to read during the week. I forgot how much I enjoy reading! I pretty much have been devouring each book in about a day. Again, I'm always looking for suggestions if anyone has a favorite. I have no idea what to get when I'm there. I just walk up and down the aisles looking for a title or cover to jump out at me. It seems I'm drawn to two types- fluffy British romantic comedy books (Think Bridget Jones' Diary) or historical books. I am trying to read an even amount of fluff and true stories...that way my brain won't turn to mush, at least not completely.
Another goal I've kept up with is returning to the live music scene! Last week Will and I went to see Eric Hutchinson, who as usual, was fantastically entertaining. Sunday night we are going to see Joshua Radin. He is another favorite of mine. I fell in love with his music a few years ago, and he's touring right now to support a new album. I'm looking forward to hearing his new stuff live. It feels so great to be seeing concerts again. I'm glad I have started paying better attention to who is coming to town!
I took Will to a Predators game on Tuesday for his birthday present. We had a great time! I have only been to a couple other professional hockey games before Tuesday, but I was very impressed with Nashville's between-periods entertainment. While the zambonis were re-icing the rink, they had figure skaters dancing around while a live band entertained the crowd. It was awesome! I should expect nothing less, though, being in music city. After 6 months we are finally starting to feel like Nashville is home. But we are still looking forward to getting out of this basement!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment