It was a very fun but busy 4th of July weekend! The festivities kicked off on Thursday night with a wedding shower for Andy and Sandy at Lock, Stock, and Barrel. Thank goodness the weather cooperated! It was really beautiful outside so we were able to host the event on the patio. Most of our Decatur-based relatives made it to the shower, and it seemed to be a great success. Everyone looked like they had a good time. Some more than others. And I think that someone knows who she is. I won't name any names, but this particular cousin of mine seemed to be in great spirits all night. I hope she recovered OK the next day. :)
The happy couple at their shower:

The drinks on the patio at LSB continued for awhile after the shower ended. One particular cousin, Erin joined in the picture! :)
We spent Friday afternoon with Grandma Wingard, looking at old family photos. Grandma shared her homemade macaroni and cheese reciped with me, too. I'm looking forward to making it soon!
The drinks on the patio at LSB continued for awhile after the shower ended. One particular cousin, Erin joined in the picture! :)
Mom and Dad have been working hard in the backyard this summer! We spent the majority of our time at home hanging out on the back patio. Friday night we grilled out and enjoyed some homemade sangria, sparklers, and the traditional 4th of July flag cake. Ella helped mom make it this year, and they did a good job!
Ella sampling her cake creation:
Ella's first time playing with Sparklers:
Andy, Sandy, and I spent Saturday, the 4th, in St. Louis. We arrived around 3:30 PM and amazingly managed to eat 3 times before going to bed that night. Drinks and wings at Culpeppers in the Central West End, a delicious Italian dinner at Charlie Ghittos in the Hill, and dessert at Ted Drewes. A tasty run through St. Louis! We were able to see the fireworks at The Arch, too. Their flight left at 7 AM the following morning, so I was on the road by 6 and back in Nashville by 11 Sunday morning. I spent the rest of my holiday weekend napping. I am always so exhausted after a weekend at home. I stay up way too late visiting with family and friends! A very fun weekend, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment