Today is my dad's birthday...and he spent this morning putting up shelves in our laundry closet. That is a perfect example of my dad- always putting others in front of himself.
I love my dad for so many reasons. He's a very quiet, observant man, but when he does speak, it's usually about something interesting. He has such a calm demeanor- I rarely see him upset or worked up. He's happy-go-lucky and relaxed.
My dad cracks up at some of the most random stuff, which is hilarious to me. His laugh is infectious...if he's laughing I find myself joining in. Luckily, we share a similar sense of humor! He thinks Jackass is hysterical, and I remember when I was younger that he loved to watch Married with Children.
He loves manly things like crossword puzzles, war movies, and Civil War books. But he also has a love of margaritas, sangria, and Abba. He may seem gruff on the outside, but underneath he's a big sweetheart. Just look at him when he's around Ella. She loves her Papa, and he loves her right back. My parents even made a stop in Assumption on the way home from Nashville yesterday so Dad could see Ella. It had been 2 days since he'd seen her, afterall!
This isn't a very eloquently written post. I just wanted to take a second and wish my dad a very Happy Birthday. I'm a lucky girl to have a dad like him!



No comments:
Post a Comment