Monday, July 13, 2009

My Life...

Taken from Leslie's blog...thought I'd give it a try tonight!

Time... 8:57 PM

I am working on... this blog! I've spent the evening paying bills online, writing emails to old friends, and searching for upcoming concerts and trivia nights in Nashville.

I am thankful... for Will and his amazing ability to put up with me and my sometimes crazy behavior, for free tickets to Houston for Andy and Sandy's wedding (thanks to Southwest travel vouchers!), for central air, and for our enormous movie collection that's making it easy to forget that we don't have cable at the moment.

From the kitchen... at the moment nothing. Maybe a brownie before bed though.

I am wearing... brown yoga pants and my favorite green Guinness t-shirt from our trip to Ireland.

I am creating... or recently created... a list of recommendations of places to visit in Ireland for several of my friends who all happen to be planning Fall trips there.

I am going... to Pella, IA for a wedding next weekend. One of Will's good friends from highschool is getting married, and Will is a groomsman. Ironically, Colin and Jackie (the bride and groom) met in Decatur while they were both teaching at Mt. Zion HS. Small world. :)

I am reading... a few books from the library. The main library is only a 1/2 block from our new place. That place is HUGE...almost intimidating how big it is. I didn't even know where to begin to look when I went there on my lunchbreak last week, so I grabbed about 5 books that had interesting titles/covers and have been working my way through them this week.

I am hoping... to hear some good news in the next couple days regarding my future. And no, it has nothing AT ALL to do with being, or becoming, pregnant. Or engaged. Relax everyone. :)

I am hearing... Will watching "8 Mile" in the living room. I'm also hearing him laugh a lot. I don't remember "8 Mile" being that funny...I must be missing something.

Around the house... boxes, boxes, boxes. We are still not unpacked. Slowly but surely it's coming along, but we need to make some purchases before we're more or less settled. On our "want/need" list: a dining room table, a big area rug for the living room, a computer desk, a poker table for the game room, a king-size platform bed, a 50+ inch TV, and fun artwork for our big, empty walls. Can you guess which are the "wants" and which are the "needs"?

Making me happy right now... I got to see Carbon Leaf last night for the first time in almost 2 years! I'm even happier that they'll be playing in Nashville again in just a couple months Other things that are making me happy: new shoes from DSW (for only $13 on clearance!), and the idea that bedtime is quickly approaching.

A few plans for the rest of the week... trivia night either tomorrow or Thursday, early morning workout sessions at the Y, and another trip to the library at some point. Will is going to Orlando for the weekend for a work conference, so I'm sure I'll get through several books while he's gone.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ah the "wants and needs" list-it's amazing how it all feels like needs when you move into a new place! And good luck on getting that wanted news!

Kate said...

Meaghan...love that you did this. Keep us updated if you hear that 'good news' about your future. Hope it works out!