Will complained to me the other day that I don't use my nice, shiny, beautiful KitchenAid mixer nearly enough. Translation: "Make me cookies, woman."
The problem? I'm attempting to count calories and eat healthier. Quite frankly, the temptation of having baked goods in the house is far too great for my mediocre will power to handle. I've avoided baking cookies for that very reason. But today, the guilt of being a bad house-girlfriend caught up to me, because Will is right. I really don't use my mixer as frequently as I promised I would when I squeeled with excitement as I opened said-mixer on my birthday a few months ago.
The solution? I made Will a batch of chocolate chip cookies this evening...with oatmeal.
Oatmeal equals healthy. Good compromise, no?
3 comments:
I think that's a great compromise especially because KitchenAid mixers are bad ass! (Can you tell that I want one?) Maybe get the pasta maker attachment :)
Now you can lay the guilt back on Will for tempting you with your own homemade cookies.
Just a thought, but you can try freezing them. They still taste good that way, but it takes longer to eat them. Not that I know that from experience....
Funny you mention that, Mom. I actually ended up freezing 1/2 of the dough. And there are still cookies left today. A miracle in it's own right.
Post a Comment