Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Hero




Wilson is officially gone. Our smoke detector beeps no longer. Last week Will bravely climbed 23 feet into the air to switch out the battery. These pics don't do it justice, but it was s-c-a-r-y. No safety nets were used-just Will, the extension ladder, and a long way down. I tried to climb up, but my fear of heights didn't allow me past the first few steps. Thanks to Will, though, our place is blissfully silent.
Unfortunately Will has been cooped up in bed since Thursday with a rather bad case of the flu. I did my best to stay away from him and stay healthy, because Ale and her family came to visit for a couple days. By Friday evening, though, I was hurting as well.
Ale left on Saturday morning, and Will and I have been laying in bed sick together ever since. We've been downing Gatorade and water like they're going out of style, and alternating between freezing and sweating, all the while coughing so loud and obnoxiously that our poor neighbors probably want to move. While it sucks being sick, it's kind of nice to be able to lay together and have nothing to do except try to feel better.

No comments: