Monday, March 15, 2010

March Madness

Welcome to my world! I plan to use this blog to keep family and friends up to date on what's happening in our lives...
...wait, what's that?  I have had this blog for a couple years now? Huh.  Perhaps I should resume writing on it.

The truth of the matter, folks, is that lately life hasn't been too exciting. March seems to have changed that, though.  Here's a run down of what is happening at Loft de Weaghan.
  • The whole family spent a long weekend in Houston a few weeks ago.  We celebrated three separate birthdays, most notably my Great Grandma's 90th.  It was a fun weekend, full of lots of eating, drinking, hanging out, kick boxing, and watching embarrasing home videos, circa 1986-88.  Let me tell you- we. looked. good. back then. Ugly hair, ugly shoes, and ridiculously short shorts for everyone!
  • Lent is upon us, and it feels like it's lasting far longer than the 40 days that it is.  Will and I decided to really challenge ourselves this year by giving up 3 of our favorite things- Bread, Pasta, and Potatoes.  GAH!!! Torture.  We further torture ourselves by talking, all the time, about what we can't wait to ear after April 4th.  Let's see, what have we drooled over in the past few weeks? Red Robin french fries, a Jimmy Johns sammie, PIZZA, sandwiches in general, PIZZA, Sister Schuberts rolls, just to name a few.  Good news? We're dropping pounds.  Bad news? No fish-n-chips to celebrate St. Patty's this year.
  • Will celebrated his dirty thirty on March 2nd.  He was really not looking forward to hitting the big 3-0, so we didn't do much to celebrate.  But he did get a big present- the 55" TV he's been eyeing for a long time.  I guess he needed a big TV to compensate for his failing vision now that he's old. :)
  • We are very excited for one Mr. Jimmy Buffett to come to Nashville in May.  He's putting on a concert right down the street from our place!  Cari and I are in full out planning mode.  We went shopping last week for accessories for our homemade Parrothead hats. One word- HIGH-larious.  We are going to look smashing.  Our goal is to make Buffett cam again.  I think we have a good shot.
  • I'm proud to report that my boytoy now holds dual degrees- one in Business from The University of Colorado, and the other? A degree in Hamburgerology from Hamburger University.  Yes, Will was up in Chicago last week learning all about McDonalds.  One step closer to the goal of his dad retiring and Will taking over.
  • I am going to be traveling our great state of Tennessee in the next week!  I'm heading to Memphis on Wednesday to see an old Chicago friend and her husband.  They literally JUST moved down here and she needs a hair model for a job interview.  Hey, at least someone is getting interviews in this state!  I'm happy to help her out, although she'll have her work cut out for her taming my mop.  Next week I'm venturing over to Knoxville to help out Leslie and Ben with their move.  I will be on "kid watching" duty while Leslie works her magic and gets their house in working order.  I admit I'm pretty excited to see Leslie in action.  Her house is always so organized- I hope to pick up some pointers while I'm there.  Overall, though, I'm excited to have friends and family join me in Tennessee, and even happier that I can help out where I can!
See? I actually do have a lot going on right now! Woo!

Oh yeah, still no job. Boo.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

We're reeaallllllly reaalllllly reeeaallllyy so grateful for your help. (That's reallly, reeaally, reeeallllyyyy.) :)
See you soon!

Becky said...

I'll eat some fish and chips for you this year! We were lazy and only gave up drinking wine during the work week (excepts for Wednesdays of course). Have fun hair modeling!