I had a great time watching Gracie, Luke, and Drew last week while Leslie unpacked. We took some walks and explored their new neighborhood, colored a lot, played games, and read a LOT of books. All 3 kids are so sweet and cuddly. And creative! I casually mentioned while we were coloring one afternoon that I only know how to draw bubble letters. Luke was so surprised that I couldn't draw dinosaurs! As I was leaving on Wednesday evening, he handed me "step by step" directions on how to draw a Stegosaurus. How cute is that?! As he gave it to me, he reminded me that "Stegosauruses (or is it Stegosauri??...) have 17 plates on them- don't forget that when you're drawing them." Check. Thanks, Luke. :) And now I have a picture diagram to follow. Exhibit A: How to draw a Dinosaur-

Gracie also showed off her talents. We're superstars, obviously. :) Exhibit B: Gracie's Thank You note-
Notes like these melt my heart, and make me excited to someday have a funny little kid of my own that I can play with all the time. (Don't get too excited, Mom. I'm excited to have kids, but not extremely anxious at this point. And no, this is not a creative way to tell people I'm pregnant!)
Kids are tiring, no doubt. I crashed into bed each night after trying to keep up with 3 kids who have seemingly endless energy. I have such respect for Leslie- she's up and atem bright and early every morning, keeps the kids entertained throughout the day while working on side projects like laundry and preparing a few delicious and healthy meals. And after the kids are tucked into bed, she is STILL going- doing all the "grown up" stuff that she wasn't able to get to while the kiddos were awake. E-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-n-g.
I'm sure (for the most part, aside from that pesky unpacking of a new house) that it was just another day in the life for the Hedenberg clan, but I was happy to be there with them and enjoyed my time playing with the kids and observing a stay at home mom in action. I will consider myself a lucky lady if my future kids are as sweet as Leslie's.
Exhibit C- 3 sweet, adorable kids and their happy, tired babysitter:


No comments:
Post a Comment