- Beautiful weather! It feels so good to walk outside and not need a sweater or jacket. A ton of people are out and about, walking around and enjoying the sunshine and warm weather that we've been having the past few days.
- The courtyard at the Library- I've spent the past 2 afternoons basking in the sun and reading a book about Norway. I love that there's a nice, quiet space outside that I can walk to in the city.
- The slight sunburn I have on my arms and face (see above) It feels nice to have some color returning to my pasty pale body
- A surprise package in the mail last night from my friend Erica. She sent me the first Twilight book as a Thank You for being her hair model a couple weeks ago. She paid attention when I mentioned I have yet to read any of the books! What a great friend.
- The 12 pounds that I have lost as a result of giving up bread, pasta, and potatoes for Lent. Woohoo! That's 4 pounds per food item! It feels great to know that my "sacrifice" for the Big Guy resulted in a better scale number!
- As happy as I am about the lost pounds, I am even more excited that Lent is over in 3 days! YESSS! Oh goodness, it is going to be great to have pizza again. And some mashed potatoes.
- Hearing exciting news from an old friend that she and her fiance are expecting! At first I thought it was an April Fools joke and refused to believe her when she told me. I made her send me a picture of the stick and some part of her body in it as "proof," which she did- her hand with her engagement ring on it and the positive sign. Either she is pulling one very elaborate April Fools on me, or she really is going to be a mama!
- Will just walking in the door which means I can start dinner because I'm STARVING!!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Thankful Thursday Thoughts
Some random things that I'm grateful for this Thursday afternoon:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment