Saturday, February 5, 2011

Space songs

Anyone who knows me knows I love a good mixed CD. I love creating the perfect mix of songs for whatever it is that I am up to- whether I am out for a run, spending a hot summer day on the boat, driving with Will on an epic road trip, or even just as background music at the home or the office. I just love music. You can always find a great song to set the mood.

It was on an epic road trip last month where I got it in my head that I wanted to create a CD that had a "space" theme. Will and I were driving to Michigan for a quick weekend when I first thought about it. Not sure why I got this idea stuck in my head- maybe because we were driving at night and talking about the stars or life on another planet or something. But the thought is there and I have mentally started creating my "playlist". Isn't it funny how once you start thinking about something in particular, it's everywhere you look? The past few weeks, "space" songs have been randomly jumping into my head.

1. Shiny Toy Guns: Major Tom
2. David Bowie: Space Oddity
3. Elton John: Rocket Man
4. REM: Man on the Moon
5. Dave Matthews Band: Sattelite
6. Guster: Sattelite
7. Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising
8. Steve Miller Band: Space Cowboy
9. The Beatles: Across the Universe
10. The Beatles: Here Comes the Sun
11. The Beastie Boys: Intergalactic
12. Train: Drops of Jupiter

...naturally, now that I am sitting down to compile the list I am drawing a blank. I'm sure I've thought of more than 12 songs over the last few weeks!

Can anyone think of any "space" songs that I've looked over??? What have I forgotten?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Here's some inspiration for your space mix:

http://space.about.com/cs/toppicks/a/spacesongs.htm

Ben said...

Here are a few key songs you are missing

1. Dark side of the moon- Floyd
2.Black Hole Sun- Sound Garden (or there is an interesting jazz version on Itunes)
3. Sunshine of your love- Cream
4. Stars- Hum
5. Space Lord- Monster Magnet