Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Visitors!

What a fun weekend! Will's sisters Cari and Sue came to visit. We love having visitors come and see us since we don't really live near our families and friends anymore. This trip was their second out here. Last time they came out we had a big agenda for the weekend- A Broncos game, gambling in Blackhawk, a Coors brewery tour, etc... This time it was a bit more relaxed. Neither of them wanted to do much except eat out and watch a lot of movies! I guess when you have kids or you work a lot it's quite a treat to get to do those things! Someday I'll know that feeling. =)

Thursday evening was pretty relaxing. We walked up to our favorite corner bar, Blake St Tavern, for some dinner and a couple drinks, then headed back to the apartment to watch a movie. Cari bought a couch for us last time she was out here so she finally got to see it. (It's an AWESOME couch, by the way. It is loved.)

Friday I had to work (boo) while Will and the ladies walked around the 16th Street mall for gifts and lunch. Friday evening we went to The Keg for dinner. It was such a good dinner. Anytime you can eat steak and crab legs at the same time I'm a happy camper. And for dessert, the best carrot cake I have ever had in my whole life. I will be dreaming about that carrot cake for years to come.

Saturday was a really pretty day so we started out with breakfast at the Delectable Egg (Yay! I love going out for breakfast!) then walked around Confluence park. There were a lot of people out enjoying the weather so we people-watched for a bit. I was especially fascinated by the kayakers that were playing in the rapids. On 16th St Mall there was a Wii demo happening so Will and I played a little Mario Kart, which furthered my desire to get a Wii. What a fun video game!

After that we headed over to Lucky Strike to do a little bowling. I am not a bowler, evident by my scores- 86 and 77. An unusually poor showing, even for me! (In my defense, however, we bowled 4 games last weekend, which I was still sore from...and I pulled my left glute muscle on the second frame of the 1st game. Yup. Walking calamity. That's me.) We finished our afternoon out with a movie- Forgetting Sarah Marshall. That movie is hysterical. I highly recommend it, especially if you love stupid comedy.

Sunday was a pretty low-key day. Went to church (don't gasp in shock- Will and I have actually started attending church pretty regularly. We found a priest that I really enjoy listening to.) then got burritos from Illegal Petes (that was the other "thing" that his sisters wanted to do.) I personally don't see what the big deal is about IP- it's just like Chipotle. But Cari and Sue love it, so we went. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at the apartment before we took them to the airport. It's always sad to see company leave, but we are going to see them in about a month when we go to Hilton Head next month!

Sunday night I tried to replicate the carrot cake we had at The Keg. I guess a package cake recipe isn't the same as theirs. But my homemade frosting was terribly impressive! All in all a really great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humph! The best carrot cake you ever had in your whole life?! What about the bunny cakes your mom lovingly baked you from scratch every Easter? Have you lost your memory in the thin atmosphere?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the church thing though.