Friday, June 6, 2008

Off to the Mountains...

Hilton Head was wonderful! It was great to get to spend time with Will's family. Lots of lazy days by the pool or the ocean, drinking beer or daquiris, eating lots of seafood, and sweating! It's amazing how quickly your body forgets about humidity. But it's also funny how the humidity and sweat drives me crazy in the midwest, but doesn't bother me in the slightest when I'm near the ocean. :) Will's nieces and nephew are such cute kids. They say the funniest things- I was laughing the whole time! My favorite spot in HH was definitely the Tiki Hut, which was right next door to our condo. Nothing's better than a pina colada on a hot, sunny afternoon while you watch beach volleyball players and listen to a man play Buffett covers. I can definitely see why the Masons have been going there for so many years. What a perfect place to vacation!




My family (minus Mom, who was already here) got in yesterday and today we are heading to the mountains to stay in a cabin near Pikes Peak. What a rough life I lead...beach vacation to a mountain cabin for the weekend. :) Mom and I bought enough food and drinks yesterday to last us a week...should be a fun weekend!
I love having my niece out here! She is starting to talk so much now. She loves my exercise ball, and taking pictures. I snapped these this morning and had to share them. She's such a cutie, even with crazy morning hair! Amazing that she can actually have crazy morning hair since she's such a baldie. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Cute Pictures, Meaghan...looks like you had an awesome time! Your niece is SO cute...whose daughter is that? She's a beauty :)