Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First night alone in Nashville

I'm all by myself for the first time since we moved to Nashville. Will is at his first official McDonalds function in Indiana and won't be back til tomorrow.

I must be living in the South now. I'm drinking beer while watching the Country Music Awards on tv. I have been enjoying more and more country music over the past year or so. Maybe it's because I moved to the country music capital, but more than likely it's because it's starting to sound less and less country to me. :) I mean, if Hootie has a country song out now, it can't be that bad, right?

I must admit that living in Nashville there aren't a lot of other music options. Literally every radio station here is either classic rock or country. I am not opposed to classic rock, but it is not that easy to sing to in the car. So I have several country stations programmed now and have genuinely enjoyed belting out my new favorite tunes.

My main motivation behind watching the CMAs, though, is so I can learn the faces of all the country music celebrities. That way, I will recognize them if I ever run into them in Nashville. I'm such a sucker for celebrity gossip, country or otherwise. I like that I'm living close to it. :)

The reason for this blog is to share a funny story: I love the "status" updates on facebook. I updated my status earlier this evening letting everyone know that I am, in fact, drinking beer and watching the CMAs. A few minutes ago, I logged back on and saw that both my Aunt Faye and my cousin Tiffany are doing the exact same thing. I guess the love of country music runs in the family! (Side note: Faye is drinking scotch, not beer. I personally don't think that's country enough. Beer, whiskey, or moonshine are the only acceptable forms of alcohol to be drinking while watching a country music awards show).

2 comments:

Uncle Faye said...

Hey Scotch works toooooooo

Anonymous said...

Lets not forget that Jessica Simpson has a new country CD out too....so it can be that bad.