Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Estes Park and Steamboat

Oh how I love the mountains! Seeing work friends, enjoying a beautiful drive through canyons to get to Estes Park, having a productive work meeting, loving the lodge B&B we stayed at, and digging into a tasty dinner were the highlights of Thursday and Friday. It was great to put in some face time with work people, and even nicer to catch up with them in a relaxed atmosphere.

The rest of the weekend was spent in Steamboat Springs with our friends Paul and Erica. I will never get tired of driving through the mountains, and the drive from Estes Park to Steamboat did not disappoint. We spent our time in Steamboat apres-ing at Slopeside Grill at the bottom of the mountain, soaking in 2 different hot springs, going down a fantastically fun water slide into the hot springs, having drinks and dinner at Rio Grande (one of our favorite Colorado restaurants), and snowmobiling! We had a great time, and of course, had to return to Nashville way too soon. Now, it's back to reality...Will is in class all this week learning how to rock at being Mr. McDonalds, and I'm trying to stay warm while I work at home.


Here are some pics from our fun weekend!

The great view from our room at the Taharaa Lodge in Estes Park:


Will looking good with some rabbit ears. We went snowmobiling around Rabbit Ears pass, which is around 10,000 feet. The snowmobile company picked us up at this motel in town.
Our fantastic snowmobiling get-up: Snowmobiling really gives you freedom to be fashion forward...note my neon goggles. Awesome.
My driver for (most) of the day. I opted to be a passenger instead of driving my own sled so I could take in the gorgeous views, but really can you blame me? Look at how pretty the view was:

Gorgeous...why did we move away from this?!

Unwinding after snowmobiling at Strawberry Park, some of the hot springs in the Steamboat area. After dark, clothing is optional...though we opted to go during twilight hours so we didn't see any nekked people. Those hot springs felt AWESOME!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That's a great picture of you and Will! Looks like a great trip!