Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ser-wii-ously

I am Wii-ly sore from using my new Wii Fit! I had to write that since Will was making fun of me for saying that to him earlier. I thought I was very clever. He thought something else, I'm sure. :)

Though I really wanted a Wii Fit, I was somewhat skeptical about whether or not it would be a good workout. But I really am sore from using it. Certain features, like all the Balance games, don't exactly work your muscles, but most of the Aerobic exercises have made me break a sweat. I really like the Boxing and Hula Hooping. When I worked at the dating service It's Just Lunch! in Chicago, I kept a hula hoop by my desk and would hoop it up between phone calls, so that feature brought me back to those days. The nice thing, too, is that you can move on to the more advanced versions of each feature as you progress. I also feel like I'm learning to ski and snowboard from the Balance games. Probably not, but I think it helps me get a feel for how to move going down a mountain...in case I ever get to go to the mountains again.

I am trying to get in at least an hour a day of Wii time, for a couple reasons. #1- I am curious to see if I can really notice a change in my body from using it, and #2- because Will was convinced (prior to getting the Wii) that I would play with it for a couple weeks, and then get bored and never really use it. I really want to prove him wrong! But even he has even admitted that it's a fun toy to have around. Our living room makes a great bowling alley, so many many rounds of bowling have been played in the last week.

We're off to see our 3rd movie of the week tonight. We love to go to the theater to see movies, but the last couple months we've hit a dry spell. Not a lot of movies that we were dying to see were out. So we're very happy that Holiday Blockbuster time has arrived! We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Seven Pounds (both of which we really enjoyed, but I can't say which I like better because they are so different). Tonight, we're in the mood for comedy, so it's going to be either Marley and Me or Yes Man. I have heard they are both funny, but I know I will probably cry if we see Marley and Me, because I think I have an idea of what happens. It's going to be a game time decision, depending on how quickly we can make and clean up dinner!

No comments: