Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cha Cha Butchee, Cha Cha Cha Butchee...

Roll Call!



The annual Wingard girls shopping trip is just a few weeks away! I figured most of my aunts and cousins read this, so I thought I'd pop a blog up here to see who was planning on coming, and to see where everyone would like to shop. It's more fun than an email, afterall!

After being here in Nashvegas for a year, I have a pretty good grasp of where things are, but if I know ahead of time where everyone would like to shop it should save us some time. As far as stores, we have all the basics, plus several outlet malls and Opry Mills (like St. Louis Mills).

Also, while we have plenty of space for everyone to stay with us, we don't have plenty of beds. So, just like at Leslie's- please bring air mattresses, pillows, and blankets!

As far as Saturday night activities- we live just a couple blocks away from the honky tonks so I thought we could walk down there and check out the scene. Even if you're not into country music, the bars are still entertaining.

So...who's coming this year?? And where shall we shop? And eat (since I know that's an important part of the weekend, as well!)?

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm coming. And I don't care where we eat or shop....

Erin said...

I am coming too! I am not particular, food, shopping, laughing, drinking, and country music sounds like my kinda weekend! I am so excited!

Leslie said...

I'm in!!! I would love to hear some country music and have a couple of drinks with you all. In terms of restaurants, anywhere that I can eat without sharing my meal with a one year old is a plus for me these days. Whatever you plan as far as shopping will be great too. I always like outlet malls, so I vote for spending a little time there if no one minds.
Thanks for hosting, Meaghan!

Leslie said...

Meaghan,
Patti, Bridget, and her best friend Crystal are planning on joining us too. :)

Kelly said...

...and maybe Seka.

I also found a great place to eat/window shop on the way down to Nashville. It is in Kentucky in the Land Between the Lakes area. It's called Patti's 1880's Homestead.

And of course, we could stop at a Southern Illinois winery, too.

Lisa said...

I would love to come, but there is no way I could keep up with the rowdy group!! I hope you all have a great time and please come to Thanksgiving and let me live through your stories!!!

Meaghan W. said...

Sounds like a good group so far! I'm so glad Patti, Bridget, and Crystal are going to join us! Lisa, sorry you'll be missing out this year. You have 2 good excuses, though!

Leslie, I was thinking we could do the outlet mall on Sunday. That way everyone can shop there at their own pace and take off for home when they're ready.

Anonymous said...

~All~
I am good to go with what the group decides! Honky Tonkin' would be fun, eatin' would be fun, shoppin' would be fun, hangin' out would be fun. See, I'm easy. I like the idea we can walk somewhere Saturday night.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh Meaghan I'm with Lisa I can't leave my baby girl with her baby girls and not be around the corner! Have a good time and I think everyone should do a shot for me!! Oh thats a shot of JB Scotch while you all are Honkey Tonkin :)