Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Did anyone else...

...hear the sky open and angels singing 2 days ago? Because Will and I did here in Nashville.



We finally have a "grown-up" bed! It's king sized and large and pretty and perfect for us.



The backstory: We have had this bed picked out for awhile and would sit for hours at a time, dreaming of that glorious night when we would both sleep blissfully far apart from each other. (I love my Will, but I at 3 in the morning, I love my personal space more.) Well, for Christmas this year we received a "certificate" from Will's dad which entitled us to the very bed we were hoping to get. Here it is in all its glory:





Isnt' it beautiful?! We were stoked to finally get started on our greatly deprived loft area. So the day after Christmas we headed down to the store to order our new furniture. First a loft, now a bed. We're becoming full fledged adults with every passing day. Imagine our delight when we found out that they had our bed in stock, and that we could take it home with us that very day! Woohoo! We wouldn't have to wait until the new year to have an authentic master suite. Rock on! On such a "we're grown ups, lookie at us!" high, we weren't even phased by the slightly (to me) disturbing news that we would be responsible for the transfer and assembly of our big new beautiful bed. We borrowed a truck and got our bed all loaded up and home sweet home. That was the easy part.


I won't bore you with the details, but Will and I (and the grace of God, who was looking over us that night) managed to get the whole bed, 110 lb headboard and all, up our spiral staircase and assembled. And with the delivery of our mattress 2 days ago, we have been sleeping like kings. Pun intended.

Slight problem we noticed yesterday morning- the "platform" wasn't holding up its end of the deal and the mattress resembled the rolling hills of Ireland. Rolling hills on a mattress= not good. So we ran out last night and purchased a king box spring set to even out the mattress.

And this? Is the result:




In the words of Buddy the Elf: isn't it ginormous?! I stand at 5'8" and this bed dwarfs me. I need climbing gear just to hop into it at night. But I'm not complaining one bit. #1- because the bed is just plain awesome. #2- it is like a late night quad and thigh stretch when climbing under the covers and #3- it is so heavenly once you collapse into it that all the extra effort to climb into it is worth it.

Who needs a job when I have this new bed to lay around in and feel like royalty all day long? (I don't really do that. I refuse to stay in bed all day long. That's slovenly. I get up every morning at a decent hour and go straight to the couch to commence my day full of nothingness.)

No comments: