Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why I wish I had paid attention in geometry.



How do we get this dresser (which matches awesome new bed) up spiral staircase and hence complete our grown up adult bedroom set?



Not by sitting on the couch staring at it, as Will and I are currently doing. We both **think** that it will fit, but neither of us are confident. Notice Will holding the tape measure. It's not all that handy when you aren't sure what angles to measure (damn it all! As much as I hate to admit it, Geometry IS a necessary evil!) You might be asking yourself right now, why don't you guys just try?
To answer: Jillian Michaels and I have been shredding it up for the past few weeks, and I have noticed the jiggle under my arms slowly going away (Woo!), but I don't think Will and I are Hercules-strong enough to get this 175 pounds of dresser fury up the stairs without doing one or more of the following:

a. Ruining the staircase
b. Ruining the new dresser
c. Breaking an arm, or possibly a leg
d. Killing ourselves
...which is why we are currently sitting on the couch, staring helplessly, trying to figure out our next move. Me thinks opening a beer will help.

No comments: