Well, after reading Erin's post from today I feel like I should take a few minutes to update my 3.5 readers on the exciting details of what's happening in my life.
So....Let's see...hmmmm. The thing is, I feel like I do the same thing day in and day out (and trust me, nothing that happens in my day-to-day life is all that thrilling to talk about, much less write about). So instead of being dull and telling y'all that we ate fish for dinner (we did, FYI), here are some random thoughts for a cold Wednesday evening.
-Our Bears/Packers party was a great success, even if the outcome of the game was less than stellar. Portillo's was quite tasty- we were even able to freeze some to enjoy later this winter! Score!
-My friend Shelley booked her flight to Nashville for the 1/2 marathon in April, which we will be running together. And by together, I mean we will start and finish at the same location, but probably an hour apart. I still suck at running.
-I babysat for a coworker the other night. She has 2 boys, ages 6 and 3. Is it just me, or are kids these days WAY smarter than they used to be? I spent the evening discussing iPod Touches, email, Skype, apps, and Netflix. I also made the mistake of giving the 6 year old my phone number. He has called me from his Skype account several times since.
-I had an hour and a half long phone conversation today at work. With a complete and total stranger. She was someone I had never heard of before 9:30 this morning and will probably never meet in person. My phone conversations at work generally last less than 3 minutes, so a 90 minute chat was certainly out of the ordinary.
-Another thing I've been up to at work: writing and signing lots of letters. The letters are all exactly the same. Do you ever notice how weird words start to look when you say or write them over and over and over again? Even my own name is starting to look and sound funny to me.
-I have enjoyed seeing pictures and reading all the updates my friends are posting on facebook about the Blizzard. What really cracks me up is the amount of booze that seems to be being consumed in the Midwest over the past 48 hours.
-We are officially going to Oktoberfest in this fall! After a month or so of hunting, we finally found tickets and dates that we could use airline miles to pay for and worked for our
schedule. Like our Norway trip, the flights are not ideal, but when given free frequent flier miles, we will not complain. We'll be flying into Frankfurt, hopping around Germany and Switzerland for 9 days, and then leave from Zurich. This will be my 3rd visit to Germany and 1st to Switzerland. I'm looking forward to researching and planning this trip! I have a couple college friends who are living in Zurich right now, and they've already been really helpful with advice. I'm sure I will be picking their brains more over the next 9 months or so...Beer and pretzels and spaetzel and Alps and cow bells and Toblerone...I'm already super pumped for this trip.
-This post is titled "Yodelay Hee Hoo" because of the news I just shared. Before I started
writing this I did a quick google search of the word "Yodel" (so I wouldn't incorrectly spell "Yodelay Hee Hoo". You know, because I would hate to incorrectly spell a yodeling phrase on my blog. This blog, if nothing else, will correctly spell yodeling phrases.) But I digress...on to the interesting bit of this story...
There, on the results page, under the "Videos for Yodeling" section, staring up at me from my iPad, was my cousin TJ. Wearing safety goggles and holding a tape measure up to a cat. Well, how do you like that? It's not everyday you see your cousin on the results page of a random google search. Apparently when searching for Yodel-esque things on google, people are interested in watching videos about Advanced Cat Yodeling.
I'm not sure this revelation can be topped, so I'll just stop right there.
4 comments:
Meaghan I always find you completely interesting! You have such a way with words! For instance we were on the same vacation and your blog post put mine to shame! I love to hear that you have exciting trips planned and that you get excited about fish for dinner and that you also google words so you don't misssssspellll them!
I'm so incredibly jealous of your travels-and so thankful Ryan insisted we make it to Europe before kiddos. I have some good hotel/restaurant/activity recommendations fur Deutschland-I'll start gathering!!
Well....you're every bit as interesting as me...wait a minute, that's probably not a compliment. At least you're not posting about the blizzard. I'm getting really tired of reading and/or experiencing it at the moment.
Germany and Switzerland, how exciting! I've never been to either country and will anxiously await living vicariously through your travels.
those friends you have in zurich sound neat.
Post a Comment