Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Et Cetera, Et Cetera

...We have been super busy lately. Traveling, working, running, hosting, etc, etc...

...Traveling...
Will was out of town most of March, first in Vegas for 9 days for a work convention, and I was lucky enough to join him for a long weekend before heading back to Nashville. He left the following week for Vail for a week of skiing with his old college buddies, while I made the drive back to Decatur to shower my soon-to-be baby niece and her parents. Will is leaving town AGAIN this Sunday to head up to Chicago and attend some classes at Hamburger University. He'll be gone a week and we will be rendezvousing in Tampa for a fun weekend of sun and fun with Mr. Jimmy Buffett, Cari, and Curtis. I'm especially looking forward to seeing my old college roommate (who lives in the Tampa area) and meeting her new little baby girl Hilary.

...Working...
I had a LONG weekend full of work activities. The annual Friends & Fashion show to benefit the Children's Hospital took place yesterday, and I helped work the pre-party Friday night as well as the fashion show yesterday. The highlight of yesterday's fashion show? Having to retreat to the grand ballroom as tornados touched down about a mile from where the event was held. Fortunately we were safe and no damage was done around us.

I also helped cover a shift during the telethon on Sunday night that benefitted the Kennedy Center. The campers did such a GREAT job- if you didn't get a chance to watch the performance, check out the video I posted. You will smile, I guarantee it. Special shout out to Uncle Faye who called in and donated! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you on the phone. My talents went to tallying and collecting the call sheets. :)

...Running...
The 1/2 marathon is less than 4 weeks away. Gulp. I hope I'll be ready. That's really all I have to say about that.

...Hosting...
My pals Kasey, Ed, and their little boy Ryland stayed with me Saturday night. We spent a gorgeous Saturday afternoon house hunting (they are hoping to move to Nashville in the next year or so), catching up over a late lunch at SouthStreet, a local tasty restaurant, and grabbing coffee and taking a stroll through the Hillsboro Village area and Vanderbilt's campus. With the baby in town with them, we spent a low-key evening at home, drinking a few beers and chit-chatting. Before we knew it, it was after 3 in the morning! My, how time really does fly when you're having fun. I can't wait until we're "neighbors" and can get together a lot more often.

1 comment:

Jess H said...

I'm glad Will found someone who can keep up with him in the travel department. Exciting to hear about your 1/2-I started training for one last year b4 Ben came and finally started running again a few weeks ago. There is a 1/2 here May 1-maybe??
I'm so very glad you have found a job so perfect for you-your happiness shines through in your posts!