Well, the Royal Wedding is over. Shelley and I woke up at 4 this morning to take in the festivities live. It was a great distraction. Now I have nothing left to occupy my thoughts and distract me from the MASSIVE amount of butterflies that are fluttering about in my stomach...
T-minus 22 1/2 hours until my 1/2 marathon race debut! I'm feeling a weird mixture of excitement, dread, fear, and angst. I'm as ready as I'm going to be, but today I don't feel prepared. At. All. I'm not even sure I'll be able to run a mile, let alone 13.1.
I can't handle seeing the port-o-potties and barricades that are set up across the street from my office, where the race will begin tomorrow. I think I'm going to lose my breakfast...
3 comments:
Oh Girl! You got this! From people I've talked to the crowd and adrenaline alone will get you through. Do you have some great tunes for your ipod? You are inspiring and you can do it! Looking forward to pics from the finish line.
I am not a runner myself, but I have heard that the adrenaline of the day does amazing things. You can do it!!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
One of my best friends is running a half marathon in Champaign tomorrow and she's feeling the same way...and this is her 3rd! Just training to do something like this is so amazing, I'm so impressed!! Good luck :-)
Post a Comment