Friday, July 1, 2011

Holiday weekends and new arrivals

In the past 5 weeks I've tripled my number of nieces and nephews!

My first-ever nephew, Liam Reid, arrived the Thursday before Memorial Day this year. And I'm happy to report that Andy and Sandy welcomed their first baby to the world today! Abigail Marie was born at 9:15 this evening after a LONG 21 hours of labor for Sandy. Once again, I am so sad I don't live closer to my siblings. As it stands right now, I am not going to get to meet little Miss Abby until the NEXT holiday weekend- she is being baptized over Labor Day weekend. It is killing me to have to wait that long...but Skype should help (and possibly a last-minute cheap flight!).

On a side-note, I am also happy to say that my siblings make very pretty babies. Both my nieces and my nephew have been tiny little perfect people. They should all be GAP baby models. And they're all smart. They will all probably grow up and cure cancer and be the president and bring about world peace. And they're all sweet as can be...even when they're being bad. And they love their Aunt Meaghan something fierce. They don't even have to tell me. We understand each other. I am so in love with these kids I'm not sure how I will handle having babies of my own!

With their births, my new nephew and niece have demonstrated a great knack for timing, proving that they are already little baby geniuses. Being born near a holiday pretty much guarantees long birthday weekend celebrations at least every few years. Way to go, kiddos, way to go. First step to becoming the president is having a patriotic birthday..but more importantly, holiday birthdays equal more time off work to celebrate. See? Smart cookies, I tell ya.

1 comment:

Jess H said...

Congrats Aunt Meaghan!! I saw Abby's pic on wildfour's FB page. As a new Aunt myself, I'm looking very forward to giving my little Nephie lots of things his parents won't and corrupting his sweet little mind. Best wishes to you in doing the same. We will be expecting pics after Labor Day!