Saturday, July 2, 2011

U2 at VU

We're going to see U2 play tonight. I'm pretty darn excited. While they aren't my favorite band in the world, they do put on a pretty great show, and I don't think this concert will disappoint. They're playing Nashville for the first time in 30 years, which means that the last time they were here, I was just a glimmer in my parents' eyes. (Does that make me really young, or does it make them really old?)

The cool thing about this concert is that it's taking place at Dudley Field, where Vanderbilt's football team plays. Since my office is literally next door to the stadium, I've been able to watch the massively impressive stage being built this week. Apparently it takes a crew of 400 to build the stage over the course of a week, and only 1 day to tear it all down.

As of yesterday evening, this is the view of the stage, as taken from the employee parking lot behind our office.

Pretty neat, huh? This begs the question, though-
Why did we spend so much money on tickets when we
could have enjoyed the show from my parking lot FOR FREE?!?!

No comments: