Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve!

I can't believe Christmas is already here! This year I'm spending Christmas with Will's family here in Nashville and then driving up to Decatur early Friday morning to do Christmas with my family. It works out well since my family is postponing Christmas festivities til Andy and Sandy get in to town on Friday. I'm glad that I am going to get to be with Will's family, but not have to miss my family's Christmas to do it.

The good news is that I get to see LOTS of kids open presents! I love watching little kids open gifts. In Will's family, Santa makes one stop at "Papa's" house, so every year the whole family stays at his house on Christmas Eve, and then Christmas morning the kiddos (and the adults) open up their gifts from Santa. So that means that tonight Will and myself, Cari, her boyfriend Curtis, and his son Mitchell, Sue, Pete, Luke, Olivia, and Avery are all going to cozy up at Will Jr's house! We are going to the Children's mass this evening and then we have a HUGE feast planned for tonight. I'm not contributing much- some bruschetta and cookies, but I'm doing the Mason family a favor by introducing them to sausage rolls for breakfast tomorrow morning. They'll be thanking me later, I'm sure. :)

I love learning about different family's traditions. Like, at Will's house, Santa wraps EVERY gift. Even stocking stuffers. The Santa I grew up with didn't wrap anything- not even the presents under the tree...that's how we knew it was Santa and not Mom and Dad who gave us the presents. Like I said before, I am excited to watch all the kids open their gifts, but I'm also really looking forward to watching everyone open their gifts- at BOTH houses. I think Will and I did a good job of picking gifts out this year for both families.

Will and I exchanged gifts the other night...mainly because I begged Will to let us open them early. But also, we both ordered from online and the packages looked SO similar we were curious to see if we got each other the same thing. Curiosity won over patience! :) I made a photo book for Will of all the places we have travelled together, and Will bought me a really nice wine journal. I have been saying for awhile now that I'd like to learn more about wine (as opposed to "that tastes good" or "I don't like that one") so this is a great start! Now I just have to find a wine class and soon I'll be able to start my sommelier career. :)

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and safe travels to wherever they're headed!

No comments: