Monday, December 1, 2008

My old co-worker from Chicago, Morgan, has had quite a whirlwind of a life the past few weeks. She was married in Mexico just a couple weeks ago, and then a couple days ago, flew unexpectedly to New Zealand. Her sister, Torey, was working over there (I imagine in much the same fashion that Will and I wanted to go to Australia for) and she was involved in a car accident and suffered head trauma. They had to remove part of her frontal lobe to reduce the swelling in her brain, and she is now heavily sedated. My heart goes out to Morgan and her family. Shaughn's accident was by far the scariest thing that I've ever experienced, and I hate to think that another family is going through the same emotions, especially half a world away.

Normally I wouldn't write about this in my blog, especially since most people don't know Morgan, but after Shaughn's accident, I'm a firm believer that God answers prayers, and the more prayers that are being said for Torey, the faster she'll recover. Please keep Torey in your thoughts today, and say a little prayer for her speedy recovery.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/toreyphelps

No comments: