Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birthday Shenanigans

Yesterday I turned the big 2-6. It was a pretty uneventful day, but all around a good one. Remember being younger when birthdays were so exciting? When we were young Mom and Dad used to hang balloons and streamers from our bedroom doors while we slept the night before- that was always fun to wake up to in the morning...and obviously hitting milestone birthdays like 16, 18, and 21 were pretty big deals. 26 though...26 is just another year older.


I must have been feeling older than I really am, though. I emailed my best friend Lisa (who had asked me what my plans were for the evening) and, without realizing it, said that I wouldn't be going out that night because now that I'm 30 I am a loser and would rather stay in and watch tv. She immediately wrote me back and reminded me that I am in fact only 26, not 30! I mean, really? I actually wrote that I was 30?! It is weird that I am now closer to that age than I am to being 20, but still. I'm not quite ready to lose 4 years of my life.


The office took me out to lunch at Red Lobster and embarrassed me with a rather awful rendition of Happy Birthday. It was nice to get out of the office for awhile though. I enjoy being able to socialize with the office people outside of work. The majority of the conversation was spent discussing the various sightings and weird occurrences around the office that have to do with "Bob", the office ghost. (Honest- my bosses Carla and Echo have claimed to see him, and lots of unexplained weird stuff happens around here. Maybe it's true!).


Will tried to send me flowers but the order didn't make it due to the florist being behind schedule with overdue Mothers' Day orders. He sent me a picture of them, though- they would have been very pretty. :) More importantly, though, he got us tickets to see The Beatles' Love when we go to Vegas next month! I have been dying to see the show since I found out they were doing a Cirque de Soleil to Beatles' music. It is going to be so awesome. I wish we were going this weekend!

As sad as it sounds, I wanted to stay in last night. I have been hooked on this season's The Bachelor (I just love the Brit Matt- he is so funny...even Will enjoyed watching it with me) and the finale was last night. I had to see who won! So after we worked out, we got take-out sushi and some wine and had a quiet night in.

And that's the big day! Low-key, but nice. If only I had been in Decatur for "The Informant" filming festivities. It sounded like Mom and Pam and everyone else there were having a great time being "reporters" and drinking margaritas! Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and lovely "Happy Birthday" singing!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, Meaghan!

By the way, 30 isn't so bad, I promise! :) It's been a pretty goood year for me so far! :)

Love,
Leslie

Uncle Faye said...

Happy Birthday Meaghan a day late but I did think of you on you birthday just like I do everyone on their day but usually don't do anything but think It's so and so's B-day. Ya know I'm 50 but I still feel like 18!!!! Take Care
Love Aunt Uncle Faye