That's what I was diagnosed with this afternoon. I woke up yesterday morning with a very red, watery left eye, which I figured were my allergies kicking in. I have had really bad allergies out here in Denver. I took a Clariton D, then headed out to the mountains to do some biking with Will, Lisa, and Andrew. (Side note- I wiped out big time on my bike- my legs have big dark bruises all over them, but it was so fun!) My eye felt OK during the ride, but by the late afternoon it was watering really badly and was extremely sensitive to light. I couldn't open my eyes without feeling strain. We took a trip to Walgreens and talked to the pharmacist, who suggested I try putting an antihistamine drop right into my eye, which didn't help. I also bought an eye patch to try to keep that eye covered and out of the light. Will thought that was pretty funny. His nickname for me is "panda"- now, he calls me "pirate panda." Has quite a ring to it, right? Headed to bed early but didn't sleep much at all.
My eye felt much better today (I could actually open it with light around) but was still watering and red, so I decided to head to the doctor. She said that while it could just be a really bad allergic reaction, she was going to go ahead and treat it like pink eye. Boo. So now I have eyedrops to put in the infected eye, and at least a week without my contacts. Perfect timing- the Cardinals are in town this week so I'm going to miss going to the game, and I won't be up for much birthday celebrating this weekend. Double boo.
No comments:
Post a Comment