Thursday, May 15, 2008

Go, Who, Go?!

This is a very weird day for me. My mom just called me from the box seats at the Cardinals game claiming that Albert Pujols was standing right next to her, and then he got on the phone to wish me a happy birthday. Now, do I really believe that I just spoke to Albert Pujols? Not really, I mean there is a game going on right now. I doubt he'd be making personal phone calls from the box seats. But that leads into my big OH NO!!! moment...

I was looking on the Cards website and a news story caught my eye..."Cards wishing Edmonds well". Jimmy Edmonds is my favorite player so of course I clicked to read on.

And then, the bombshell, the big one, the story that has rocked my world. Jim Edmonds, my numbero uno man in baseball, has signed on with my arch nemesis. Yes, #15 is now a CUB. What?! NOOOOOO!! It can't be!!!! What am I to do? How can I root for the enemy? How can I not root for the enemy when my favorite player is now in their lineup? Can one person really have an emotional attachment to both teams that are part of the most celebrated rivalry in baseball history? This is the conundrum of all conundrums. Cubbie blue?? He's wearing Cubbie blue now? What about Cardinal Red? It's in his blood. Oh the humanity... but, a girl's gotta root for her boy, so...

I guess there's only one thing left to say. In the immortal words of Steve Goodman, "Go Cubs Go!" (But Go Cardinals, too!).

No comments: