Thursday, June 11, 2009

32 years!

Happy Anniversary to my parents today! Just a short list of what 32 years of marriage has yielded:
  • 4 beautiful, charming, talented children (in my humble opinion)
  • 1 adorable, funny, intelligent grand-daughter
  • (Almost) a great daughter-in-law
  • LOTS of foreign "children" from hosting exchange students over the years
  • 3 dogs (that I know about)
  • Several houses
  • Countless cars
  • Many vacations together (Mexico, Ireland, Belgium, France, and Chile to name a few locations)
  • Some scary moments, some sad ones...but mostly happy times together

I am so happy and proud that my parents are still together after 32 years of marriage. It's sad that now-a-days divorce is more common than staying together. I just wanted to honor them today with a story that has stuck with me since college.

Mom and Dad drove down to St. Louis to visit for the weekend, and we all went to a Carbon Leaf concert at Blueberry Hill. During the whole show, my parents were standing in the back, necking on each other and having a great time together (MUCH to my embarrasement- I was 21 and all my friends were there. People could see them!)

After the concert, Jordan (the bass player from Carbon Leaf) mentioned that he saw my parents making out during the entire show. Mortified, I apologized profusely for their behavior. He stopped me, though, and said "I think it's awesome that they still act that way. It's cool that they're in love. I hope my wife and I are still that crazy about each other in 25 years."

I agree with Jordan. My parents are something special, and I, too, hope I'm still crazy in love when I reach my 32 anniversary.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! I love you!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Congrats to your parents Meaghan! 32 years is awesome!