Remember that VH1 show, "The Best Week Ever"? I'm not sure if it's still on or not, but if it is, my week would definitely qualify. I went to Hilton Head, SC with Will's family for the second year in a row, and once again the island didn't disappoint. A week in Hilton Head is best described by the senses:
- The feel of a hot sun warming you, the sand under your feet and the coolness of the water on your toes as you walk the beach
- The smell of sunscreen, salt water, and fresh fish
- The sound of happy kids laughing, seagulls chirping over the water, a man and a guitar singing Buffett and Marley covers at The Tiki Hut, a volleyball being hit back and forth, and waves crashing against the surf
- The sight of an endless ocean, shrimp boats, palm trees, sea shells, Coast Guard helicopters flying, kites soaring in the ocean breeze, kids splashing in the pool and ocean, and happy, relaxed, sun-kissed faces
- The taste of chapstick and salt water, crab legs and shrimp, pina coladas and strawberry dacquiris, and ice cream and popsicles.
Once again a big THANK YOU to Will's dad for everything! It's a lot of fun to spend time with his family, especially at one of their favorite vacation spots. Some of my favorite pictures from the week:
Drinks at The Tiki Hut with Cari and Will
Pete taking Olivia and Luke for a sunset bike ride on the beach
Cute little Avery- she loved playing in the sand!
I was the official dacquiri/pina colada maker of the week. I'm must have earned that title because I made the first batch strong, and no one looked back.
The annual shot by "their" tree. Will's family has taken a picture by this tree for almost 30 years now!
No comments:
Post a Comment