Sunday, June 7, 2009

Insomnia...

It's 2:00 in the morning and though I should be tired I'm not. Since rising at 5:00 AM Central Time yesterday morning I have:

  • Packed and loaded a car
  • Left Hilton Head after a wonderful week of beach vacation
  • Rode in a car for 10 hours
  • Finished my 2nd book in 2 days (gotta love easy beach reads!)
  • Listened to an entire book on CD in one sitting
  • Stopped to drop off Cari, and then Will's dad, before I made it home myself
  • Unloaded a car
  • Packed a bag and the laptop to come downtown to the loft
  • Scanned over craigslist and made several phone calls in hopes of finding a ticket to see Coldplay and Snow Patrol play tonight
  • Drove downtown to the new loft
  • Sorted through a week's worth of mail
  • Re-hooked up wireless at the loft now that the place is painted
  • Chatted with my sister for a few minutes
  • Walked down to the Sommet Center and found an excellent ticket for a decent price ($50 under face value!)
  • Saw one of the best concerts I've been to in a LONG time- 2 of my favorite bands in one night. Awesome
  • Took LOTS of pictures. Funny how going to a concert alone made me more camera happy. I really enjoyed playing with and trying out different camera settings.
  • Walked back to the loft after the concert. It was lovely to be at "home" (though we haven't moved in yet) less than 10 minutes after the show ended.
  • Decided that the loft was too quiet, so packed up the car and headed back toward Madison
  • Got stuck in post-concert/downtown Saturday night traffic and managed to get about 4 blocks away from the loft in 30 minutes
  • Became frustrated, so I turned around and went back to the loft.
  • Blew up the air mattress and turned on I-tunes to keep me company
  • Edited my pictures from the past week
  • Uploaded and emailed my Hilton Head pictures to Will's family
  • Posted the concert pics on facebook
  • Wrote this blog

That's close to 24 hours straight of activity...so Why oh WHY can't I sleep?! Maybe it has something to do with being alone in the loft for the first time. Will is in St. Louis at a bachelor party tonight, so I'm here by myself. I'm not necessarily scared, but I am unaccustomed to the noises of the new place, which puts me on edge. It's so strange to feel apprehensive and a bit scared of the dark at the age of 27!

I was going to write about Hilton Head and post some pics, but I've decided it's best to postpone that. I think I'll put a movie on instead and hope to doze off. I will make it through my first night alone here! :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow! Now that is a busy 24 hours!

Posts like these are why I love reading your blog! Do you know what I've done in the past 24 hours? Painted a bathroom, garage saled, and played with kids. Not nearly as exciting! :)