It's a scorcher out there!
Mom and Dad drove down from Decatur last night to help us settle in (ie-Dad is going to hang shelves for us and Mom is going to buy us things for the kitchen!) We woke up early this morning with grand intentions of finding some good garage sales treasures, and were enjoying breakfast at The Pancake Pantry (a Nashville Institution) by 7 this morning...
...we were done garage sale-ing before 10 today. It is just TOO HOT to do anything outside that doesn't involve a boat and a lake, or a pool. Needless to say we didn't find much. A few books and a tea set for Ella.
Mom is taking a nap and Dad and I are relaxing on the couch watching a movie. Poor Will had to work today, but will hopefully be off and chilling with us in the glorious AC soon.
On a random note, I can't believe that Michael Jackson died a couple days ago. I admit I never thought much about him before, but it is strange that he's no longer around. What fascinates me is all the media attention his death has brought. I understand that he's a pop icon and everything, but WOW! There are new developments and articles everytime I open the internet. I enjoyed his music, but certainly don't consider myself a superfan. Regardless, it's a sad loss. I wonder if years from now we'll remember where we were when we found out MJ passed...
Happy Saturday! Hope everyone stays cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment