Monday, June 22, 2009

The past couple weeks since we've been home from Hilton Head have been busy! Will's work schedule is crazy and hectic as he gets ready for Corporate Reviews of the stores. And while my days haven't changed from the 8-5 routine, I've been moving during my lunch break, which means working from 2 locations.

We have spent every available moment shuffling our cars back and forth between the old place and our new place. Moving by one or two car loads at a time is somewhat easier than doing it all at once, but it can also be exhausting. Some nights I'm happy to just move one load and be done for the evening, but other days I wish we would have just rented a U-Haul and got everything out in one shot.

We finished cleaning the old place last night, so we are officially moved out, minus a few stray items that are being stored at the office for now. As you can see from the pictures, though...we are no where near being "settled". I keep looking at that mess of a room and want to tackle it, but don't know where to start. We are in desperate need of a dresser and a bookshelf. Currently we have no place to put all those things in boxes. I sometimes forget that we had a storage unit in addition to all the stuff we kept in our apartment. Seeing it all at once is a bit overwhelming.

No comments: