Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness- Day 14

Day 14: I can't be thankful for my siblings if I'm not thankful for my parents as well! I have paid homage to both of them individually before, but they do make a great pair together. After 30+years of marriage, they are like scientific proof that opposites attract.

Dad is the ying to Mom's yang...

Mom is the life of the party while Dad is the strong presence in the corner...

Dad is generally a man of few words...but he doesn't need to say much- Mom doesn't know a stranger and talks enough for both of them. :)

Mom is creative and spontaneous and always ready for a new challenge (hello, bakery!!) and Dad is almost always willing to go along for the ride.

Mom and Dad make a most excellent Gramma and Papa- Ella, Liam, and Abby can attest to that.

So, cheers to my parents and their ever-present importance in my life. They are my value instillers, booboo fixers, lunchbox makers, driving lesson teachers, adventure seekers, patient listeners, guilt layers, and advice givers that I sometime do and don't want to hear. But more than anything, they are always there for me and my siblings, and I am extremely thankful for that.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Meaghan, I am loving your days of thankfulness! Thanks for sharing it with us! I really like this picture of your parents! Sad we won't be seeing you next week!