Thursday, November 24, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness- Day 24

Day 24: I'm thankful for new traditions...even if I'm not the one who decided they should be so.

Last night, as mentioned earlier, we were celebrating our engagement by surprising Cari with our "announcement".  We spent many hours at the kitchen table talking and laughing, and many glasses of wine were poured for me from my trusty box.  (Side note: I love me some boxed wine- it's so affordable and actually decent these days.  But, it's hard to know when to say "when"- unlike a bottle, which eventually has to run out, a box of wine is deceptively always full!)

At some point in the conversation, Will's dad let me know that he would be knocking on the door at 6:30 AM the following morning to get me up so I could help stuff the bird.  In a merry stupor (and thinking he was joking), I agreed.

Well, the joke was on me.  Sure enough, I've been up since 6:30 AM this fine Thanksgiving morning, working side-by-side with Willard to shove stuffing into a turkey.  And my wonderful, sweet boyfriend fiance(!)?  Sleeping like a baby in his room.  Welcome to the family.

No comments: